MORE

Thursday, June 30, 2016

ANGRY MALE SANDERS DELEGATE ATTACKS FEMALE HILLARY SUPPORTER

Now that I have your attention;





A female at-large Bernie Sanders delegate meeting was assaulted by a male Hillary Clinton supporter at a heated party meeting in New York on Tuesday, wear the Vermont senator’s supporters were once again treated as unwelcome pests.

During the meeting, Sanders supporters were silenced once again as they were denied being heard on selection of the state chairman for the Democratic National Convention. Party leaders chose to make Governor Andrew Cuomo the party’s convention chair, and refused to allow Sanders delegates to submit other candidates or arguments.

Outraged, Sanders delegates began to protest and boo the decision.


“We are not recognizing Andrew Cuomo as the chair,” Kate Brezler, a Sanders delegate from White Plainssaid. “We wanted to have a democratic vote.”

Moumita Ahmed, an organizer with the People for Bernie Sanders, and co-founder of Millennials for Bernie Sanders, went up to the mic with another delegate, political commentator Nomiki Konst, to voice their dissent on behalf of Sanders delegates. Their microphone was then shut off.


“That was when I proceeded down the aisle to rally the Bernie delegates to decide on next steps, and while on my way an older, male Clinton delegate slapped me with the back of his hand from behind and told me to sit down. So I ran back and got my friend Kat Brezler, who was live streaming, to go and get Eddie Kay to come up and speak to Basil Smikle about the whole incident. On our way back, I confronted the man who assaulted me and told him ‘don’t you dare touch me ever again,’ and at that point he beat me with his cane. It was all caught on camera,” Ahmed wrote of the incident.

No comments:

Post a Comment